Friday, May 8, 2020

THE HAIRCUT

Shared by one of my seniors - Lt Col Sudhir...


My unit 2IC was a strict disciplinarian.
Punctuality, proper turnout and personal conduct - he never compromised on.
After long RR trials, spanning over 02 months in the valley, my hair had grown long. The day I reported, unit Adjt told me to meet the 2IC, first thing in the next morning, with the trial report, before meeting the CO.

The time given was 1015h and I was told to have tea with him.
Well, when I entered, as usual, was told to sit down, as he was on busy telephone. 
I finished my briefing in 20 minutes and he was quite impressed with my charts and data. I thought I will be complemented. But he told me that the unit has modified wet-canteen, sports-room, barber-shop, etc. I was told to go and have a look before I met the CO.
As dir, I went to all these places, a little confused. On entering barber-shop it struck me that he wanted me to have a haircut and because of my good effort he didn't want to scold me. 

I had a haircut and went to Adjt to meet the CO. Adjt was told that when I report to him I should meet 2IC first.
I went to 2IC's office for the second time and was told that I had done a wonderful job.
No word about haircut!!!

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

No comments:

Post a Comment